Unless you are on the US exchange, I don't think there is anyway you can sell.  I believe (at least through RBC) there is a form you can fill out to release your shares, with no compensation, in order to claim as a loss. You would no longer own the shares after that.  I did that several years ago with a stock.  Not sure it is still the process, but your broker should be able to tell you.